Post by Lute on Jul 1, 2018 10:33:02 GMT -5
This RPG uses a narrative style of roleplaying. Each post in a roleplay thread must be presented in story format (as if you were writing a fiction novel.) Posts must be at least 200 words long to be valid. You shouldn't break character for any reason during a post, and writing poorly to gain more words, plagiarizing, etc, is prone to severe punishment; don't do it! If you need to discuss something out of character, there is a Discord chat and Site Discussion forum for that. For quick messages or reminders, you can throw an OOC section at the bottom.
To get rewarded for your roleplays you need to make a request.
An adventure is a solo or group thread. Your character may only be in three adventures at a time.
- 50 PL per 200 words written
- 1 MP per 1,000 words written
- 400 zeni per 200 words written
- Limit: 5 MP per week from solo adventures
- Bonus: +50 PL per 200 words written while in a group
- Bonus: +400 zeni per 200 words written while in a group
- Bonus: +1 MP per 1,000 words written in a group.
- Bonus: Completing a group thread gives a chance to score a dragonball on a d20, if roll is a 19-20. Limit to three rolls per week from Adventures.
An event is a Storyteller led thread. There are often NPCs involved and they can be dangerous. There will be sign ups in the Recruit & Discuss forum before events start. Storytellers reserve the right to make events exclusive or hand pick the people they want to take part. For example, they may want to run an event for new characters only or an event that is a continuation of a previous event.
You may only be in one battle or deadly event at a time.
You have 24 hours to post in an event or you will be skipped. An event may be deadly or non-deadly. While in a deadly event you cannot be in a battle. You can only be in one event at a time.
Before you can join a Deadly Event you must read and agree to the Battle Agreement.
- 200 PL per post
- 1 MP per 5 posts
- 1,000 zeni per post
- Alternative: The Storyteller may choose for a special Event Reward Item to be given instead of zeni per post. This item must be approved by an Admin and added to the items page prior to the event starting.
- Bonus: +4,000 PL, +4 MP, and +4,000 zeni for non-deady events.
- Bonus: +6,000 PL, +6 MP, and +6,000 zeni for deadly events.
- Storyteller gains 150 PL and 1 Story Merit per 200 words.
- Bonus: Completing a group thread gives a chance to score a dragonball on a d20, if roll is a 18-20. Limit to one roll per week from Events.
A spar is a short practice battle between two or more characters. Characters cannot be Incapacitated (drop below 1 HP) during a spar, because of this. To get rewards, you must use the battle mechanics of the site.
You may be in one spar at a time.
- 100 PL per post
- 1 MP per 5 posts
- Bonus: +3 MP upon completion
- Bonus: +1,000 PL upon completion. Add another +250 PL if one of you has the Arena item. Also, add an additional +250 if you are teammates.
- Bonus: Completing a group thread gives a chance to score a dragonball on a d20, if roll is a 19-20. Limit to two rolls per week from Spars.
A battle is a full engagement between two or more characters. There are two types of battles: normal and challenge battles. Each battle is open, in the sense that anyone can invade if they dare. If there are any rules discrepancies, or you need a GM to make a call on something (such as fleeing) you can contact one and have them intervene. Please do this via forum private message.
No more than 6 players may be in a battle at a time. If you are defeated in a battle, the winning team may take one item from you (and one from each ally) if they do not kill you in battle. The items can be sold off or divided up among the victors as they see fit.
A challenge battle is for possession of an artifact. You can escape a challenge battle if you forfeit the artifact they seek. You are able to bring up to two allies into a challenge battle to help you. However, if you do so your opponent is also allowed to bring up to two allies of their own to match. This all must happen within the confines of normal invasion rules.
You may sacrifice a battle thread spot to do an additional spar. You may only be in a battle or a deadly event separately, not both at the same time. If in a deadly event, your battle slot automatically becomes a spar slot.
Before you can battle you must read and agree to the Battle Agreement.
- 200 PL per post.
- 100 PL per introduction, interlude, or conclusion post (if total number exceeds 5 each in the battle.)
- 1 MP per 5 posts
- 600 zeni per post.
- Bonus: +3,000 PL, +5 MP, and +5,000 zeni if you win. If less than 5 posts were made, this bonus is reduced to +750 PL without extra MP or zeni.
- Bonus :+500 PL per additional opponent you defeat, if outnumbered.
- Bonus: +5,000 PL and +3 MP if you lose. If less than 5 posts were made, this bonus is reduced to +1,500 PL without extra MP.
- Bonus: +500 PL to the loser per opponent that outnumbered them.
- Winners also receive any stolen items or artifacts that were challenged for.
- Any characters that die during battle lose their artifact.
- Bonus: Completing a group thread gives a chance to score a dragonball on a d20, if roll is a 19-20. Limit to one roll per week from Battles.